Saturday, April 25, 2009

Plan 9 from outer space

So...that trial run I talked about yesterday? It's in effect, like, NOW. I'm ordering my Passion Parties starter kit today, I have next week off work with pay (yay using vacation time) and then when I'm supposed to be coming back Monday? I'm cleaning out my desk and leaving.

Why, you ask?

Well, Jared's dad was in a bad motorcycle accident yesterday - I found out about it roughly an hour after I posted. So I had to leave work early. Because I left work early, they took me off the UK team - the UK team being the ONLY thing that made my job bearable. To top it all off, they put me on the team that I'd least like to be on: The Sims. While I love the game, and play it more than any other EA game, I've never had a problem with it. And since it has about 9 billion expansions, there are a lot of things that can go wrong - that I have no idea how to fix. Plus, they put me on the 9am shift. Now, while I can do 6am, I cannot do 9. Add in traffic to my general laziness, and you have a guarantee for my lateness. Being that is an opening shift, my tardiness will actually get me fired. So, better for me (and my resume) to leave before that happens to start my home-based business (technically, being a consultant is owning your own business - think like a franchise).

So, for pretty much all of this week, I am staying near the phone (if not at home) and cleaning my arse off.

Additionally, I will be accepting donations of groceries, food money, or leftovers (I will pick them up in my own tupperware if you're local to Austin). I'm dead serious, things will probably be tight around here for the next 2-3 weeks, and we could use any sort of help anyone can offer.

Edit: I'll also take book/movie/TV suggestions for dad-in-law (I'm loading my iPod for him). Anything but romance, but he particularly enjoys scifi/horror/thriller. My kind of guy. :)

0 comments:

Pages