Monday, November 24, 2008

What else have I been up to?

Well, at the beginning of October, Jared and I went to Tulsa to visit my family...



His first time riding a horse, can you believe it? Also, I would like to take a moment to point out that the horse I am on, Sandy, is "green broke" (for those non-horsey people, that means "only slightly trained" or "not used to being ridden"), and, aside from when my father rode her once, I'm the only person other than my mom to have ridden her. She did EXTREMELY well.



We also spent time with my fantastic cousins...



...and the dog came with us on vacation.

3 comments:

Suna said...

Dang, you two are looking as twinsy as Tuba Boy and his girlfriend. Very cute. Excellent horse-woman-ship, too.

hwall said...

Gosh, I swear you guys look like twins. Are you coming home for Xmas?

hwall said...

Actually, he did talk to your dad on Saturday. We had a big dinner for your dad's and my dad's birthdays. Philip (your dad) told him about being deployed to Korea and everything else he had to go through, but I'm pretty sure it went in one ear and out the other. He also had a chance to speak with an aunt and uncle on my mom's side, both of whom served in the Army, and they tried to give him tons of practical advice, most of which I'm sure he'll ignore. Kids. You can't tell 'em anything. :)

Pages