Friday, October 10, 2008

I really gotta do this more often

As my darling cousin brought to my attention last Saturday, I never update.

So what am I doing these days? Sadly, not much. I work full time at a job I can't stand, and then I come home and play WoW, or watch movies or TV, or sleep. But I'm working on changing that. At least, the "job I can't stand" part. I think I've decided that I want to get a job I like part time, and be a consultant for Passion Parties during my off time. So, if anyone in the Austin area would be interested in having a Passion Party (perhaps as a bachelorette party for someone getting married, nudge nudge) let me know. I kind of want to get a feel for how many of my friends are interested before I jump in and get started - as these things do have a start up cost (you pay for demonstration products, order forms, and the like). I've wanted to do something like this for a while, but I don't wear makeup so Mary Kay is right out; I suck at cooking so Pampered Chef is out; I think candles and tupperware are nice but not very much in demand (and high priced) so those are a no-go - but selling sex, bedroom, and relationship goodies, now, there's something I enjoy and am knowledgeable (and not shy) about, so it seems like a good idea.

Now: knitting. I have now finished two pairs of socks, and 3/4 of the way finished with a third pair, have a fourth pair I'm going to start on soon. And apparently the son of my darling cousin mentioned above needs hats. I love baby hats. I also have another cousin with a 10 month old son who will be getting some baby knits...eventually.

And that's really all I've been up to. Oh, and reading. Comic books and the Song of Ice and Fire series. Call me a nerd all you like, folks, but I love it.

Oh, and someday (hopefully soon) I will have a working camera so I can start posting pictures here again.

2 comments:

Suna said...

One could always throw such a party, or find a nice friend who'd like to throw one for a friend who is getting married, though that friend probably has enough of that kind of stuff already. Shiny new things are good, though.

Good to hear from you.

Shelly Hattan said...

Nice to see you're still alive!

Maker Faire is next weekend. You need a creative outlet - try to come.

If you do, please stop by and say hi! I'd love to meet you in person.

http://makerfaire.com/pub/e/1690

Sincerely,
Shelly

Pages