Thursday, February 22, 2007

Secret Pal 10 questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love almost anything, really. There is a time and place for every yarn, so I don't discriminate. I did, however, particularly enjoy my time spent with Lorna's Laces, Zephyr, and Artyarns. Right now I'm knitting with Interlacements' Tiny Toes, and I love that, also
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My straights are in a big round plastic thing that used to hold biscotti (think plastic 1gal pickle jar), my dpns are in a small makeup bag, and my circs try to stay in their original packaging
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for two years, and I would say my skill level is slightly advanced (I'm not about to do a wedding ring shawl, but I can do Icarus and other lace projects JUST FINE, thank you. and I adore cables)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have several, in my sidebar
5. What's your favorite scent?
food smells. anything fruity or that smells like food. I also like spicy scents. no florals, no "perfume-y" scents
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have 28 sweet teeth (tooths?). I love love love dark chocolate, not super fond of milk chocolate, hate white chocolate. I like things that are slightly bitter. I LOVE any foreign candy -love trying new things- especially Japanese candy
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I can spin, but I don't. I don't like the drop spindle. I maybe be dropping some bucks on a real spinning wheel soon, though. I also make beaded stitchmarkers (nothing else), and I like Kool-Aid dying. I also make soap.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
top 5 are: Ben Folds, The Mountain Goats, They Might Be Giants, Bright Eyes, and Fleming and John (in that order) -but I like LOTS of music. I have a secret weakness for dance music. Everything can play MP3s -my car, my computer at home, and my computer at work. and I need new work music :hint, hint:
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I LOVE PINK. I'm not super fond of yellows and oranges. Also really into blues, greens, and chocolate brown right now
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My boyfriend and I live with a lovely but moody cat named Bast, and an overly loving border collie mix named Valentine
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
It rarely gets cold enough in Texas, but yes, YES, gloves (no mittens), and no
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
triangular shawls, anything with cables, socks (though I've yet to finish a pair). I also like quick knits - I make a lot of hats in worsted weight.
13. What are you knitting right now?
a pair of socks, a couple of scarves, Icarus (being neglected, but almost finished), I have Seraphim on waste yarn (needed the needles for a more immediate project), Tri-Aran-Angle from Knitty (being neglected), a baby sweater (was on hold because I ran out of yarn), an on-going log cabin (neglected). One I finish the socks, though, it'll be nothing but kitty-eared hats and Jayne Cobb hats for a while.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
OH YES
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
generally, circular. bamboo. Different projects have different needs, however.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
just over a year
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect?
anything with cherry blossoms, tea sets, sake sets, pretty chopsticks, polar bears, can a person collect hair dye? if so, that is also on the list.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I want the KnitPicks Options. I haven't tried koigu, and I'd like the have the Wing o' the Moth pattern. I have subs to Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, and Knit.1
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
not that I know of
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yes. US women's size 9. pretty average
23. When is your birthday?
February 3, 1984

0 comments:

Pages