Saturday, February 10, 2007

DUDE

So, I've been meaning to post for a few days, but Blogger hates my laptop now. This is a new development.

My secret pal is awesome. I got 4 skeins of Malabrigo in Orchid (so so pretty!), and more yarn that I forgot what it is because I'm not home, some more pink sock yarn, socks(!), yummy chocolate that has booze in it (so good), some sort of "hot crackers" (look like small rice crackers with the same type of flavor that Hot Fries has, haven't tried them yet), and...something else? I forget, I'm not at home to look at it. Thanks Eve! (and I can't link to your blog right now because I'm...not at home)

Speaking of Hot Fries - I haven't seen any since I moved to TX. There were EVERYWHERE in STL, and I loved them. Anyone seen any around here?

So, the big news is...I got a dog.

She's a border collie/Australian Shepherd mix, about 3 years old. Her original owners had kept her outside 24/7 (even during the "big" ice storm Austin got a month or so ago), never went outside and played with her, and only fed her table scraps. Then, about a week ago, they moved and just left her there. A girl I work with lived next door to them and took her in, but she couldn't keep the dog long-term.

Her name was Ariel, but a new life deserves a new name, and so now, I present to you, Valentine:

3 comments:

Suna said...

Aww, poor doggie. I am glad you rescued her and I am sure she is, too. We seem to be dog rescuers. We installed a dog door, ok, Lee did it, but I bought it.

Eve said...

Hi Tina

I wish Valentine and you a wonderful time and hope you get friends soon. It's always a pleasure if a unloved animal finds a good place.

Hugs Eve aka SP9

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

We're sending lots of bunny love from our little warren. I hope the best to Miss Valentine!
=:8

Pages