Tuesday, January 24, 2006
By the way, Secret Pal, don't worry about commenting or emailing me too much, I love talking with people.
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Directions: Open iTunes/iPod or Windows Media Player to answer the following. Go to your library. Answer, no matter how embarrasing it is.
How many songs: 6810
Sort by song title...
First song: #34 - Dave Matthews Band
Last song: La Grange - ZZ Top
Sort by time... Windows Media Player doesn't let you do this
Sort by album...
First Song: The Mess Inside - Mountain Goats
Last Song: Shake Your Lovemaker - Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Top 5 Most Played Songs...
1. Again, WMP doesn't let you do this, but my guess would be that they're all Ben Folds songs
First 5 songs that come up on Shuffle...
1. Your Woman - White Town
2. Rock in This Pocket (Song of David) - Suzanne Vega
3. Man of Constant Sorrow - Soggy Bottom Boys
4. Someone Keeps Moving My Chair - They Might be Giants
5. Was it You? - Spoon
1. "Sex"--How many songs come up: 12
2. "Death"--How many songs come up: 59 (yay for having Death Cab for Cutie)
3. "Love"--How many songs come up: 204
4. "You"--How many songs come up: 576
5. "love" and "you" --How many songs come up: 48
Sunday, January 15, 2006
I'm moving to Austin in May instead of June or July, it looks like. Four more months and my crazy kitty and I will be there with him and his crazy kitty. Oh, the hilarity that will ensue.
Classes are pretty sweet so far. My Photoshop class is going to be EASY since I already know how to do most everything she's going to be covering, and my film class...well, we go to class once a week and watch movies. There are papers and stuff due, but that matters a little less, hehe.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I'm just barely starting out with spinning, I don't really crochet, but I'm Probably going to try to learn once "Happy Hooker" comes out
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have this cute, roll-up case my grandma made for me...whether of not the needles make it there is another story
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for just over a year. I would say I'm in the "intermediate" range. Lace scares me somewhat, but I'll try most anything
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Sure do: DeviantArt, Amazon, and Fred Flare.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like anything that smells like food, or fruit. I do NOT like cucumber melon. Spicy scents are also good.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? LOVE chocolate, dark chocolate is my favorite, but I like anything except white chocolate. I like foreign candy alot, especially Japanese candy.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Nothing, really. I'll try anything once, though. I love cooking, does that count?
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. My top five are: Ben Folds, They Might Be Giants, Five Iron Frenzy, Bright Eyes, and Ben Kweller. And both my car and my computer play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Pink is my all time favorite color. ANY shade. I really like anything, I'm not a BIG fan of orange, yellow, or brown, though, but they have their moments.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Currently living at home with Mom and Dad for this semester, I have a cat that I adore, and OLD dog, and a boyfriend 500 miles away
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes, yes, sometimes, no
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? anything not itchy
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? nothing, really. squeaky acrylics
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? surprisingly, nothing. I'm going through a "must play video games all the time" phase (ETA: I just saw Narnia, and I really want to knit the red scarf that Tumnus - Is that the correct spelling? internet is too slow to look it up - wears)
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? hats! anything with cables or an easy lace pattern, small but fun projects
17. What are you knitting right now? about a thousand things. Armwarmers, a shawl, a couple of toys, a sock, a scarf
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? no preference. dpns, if I have to choose
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? bamboo
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? winder, yes. swift, no
22. How did you learn to knit? Picked up a book geared towards 12-year old girls. I figured if they can teach kids to knit, they can teach me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? six months, maybe?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like cats and polar bears.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect? not really (ETA: I'm starting a collection of items with cherry blossoms)
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? on the amazon wishlist you will find many books
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? not that I can think of
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes. I believe my foot is something like 9 or 9 1/2 inches from heel to toe, I'm a size 8 1/2 to 9
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) February 3rd.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
I've been working my butt off since I moved back home. I am now the only Game Rush employee at our store, we have no store manager, and Blockbuster just downsized the district manager position. Our ASM(assistant store manager) drives in from Stillwater EVERY day, one of our SLs(shift leader - lowest level of management) has a payroll issue going on and hasn't been coming in to work, and the other SL is looking for a new job. I hope they promote me. They should.
I enrolled for a couple of classes at TCC - Photoshop and The Art of Film. should be interesting.