Saturday, October 21, 2006

YAY

I got my first SP9 package, and BOY and I thrilled. Not only do I have an international Spoiler (Hi! You're the best!), I now have a very useful resource:



Mary Thomas' Book of Knitting Patterns

This is a fantastic book originally published in the 30's or 40's. I do wish a new version would be published, one with more modern photos and illustrations, but I LOVE this book!

My Secret Pal 9 Hostess is having a contest for her group: "To participate post a random fact about yourself... It can be anything--something no one would know unless you said it, funny, or just bizarre. Whatever you want."

My random fact? Since I have moved to Texas, I've "developed" a MUCH thicker Southern accent than I had before. When I lived in St. Louis, I would occasionally talk in Eubonics (that didn't go over well, as I am a little white girl). I tend to adapt my patterns of speech to those around me. Know what?

It's totally fake. I do it because I think it's a) fun, and b) cute.

So now you all know my dirty little secret.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Yay for Awesome SPs *wink wink*

That book is on my wish list too. I took it out from my library last year and kept renewing it and renewing it (and renewing it) until someone else requested it. Its definitely a keeper for the knitting book shelf.

As for accent. I'm confident that prior to moving to WI, I was completely accent free. Now we left Wisconsin in January 2005, and while I was down in Delaware last month, everyone kept telling me what an obvious Wisconsin accent I had. I think they're full of it ;)

What a fun contest!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to see all the items you will design ;-)

Hugs - SP9

Polly said...

I'm going to have to check out that book. It looks and sounds interesting.

My husband changes his accent depending on who he is talking to.

Pages