Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Open letter to the interweb:

Dear interweb:

1) First off, I would like to point out to the good people at Stouffer's that while your TV dinners are MAGNIFICENT (supurb, really - best TV dinners out there for my money), you REALLY need to figure out the proper cook time. I nuked a delicious Monterray Chicken Corner Bistro, and cooked for the minimum recommended time of 10.5 minutes, and it was CRISPY, seriously burnt. Still delicious, though, which was REALLY surprising. If the rest of the citizens of Blogland are looking for some SERIOUSLY tasty TV dinners (even when the cook time is wrong or maybe you are an idiot and cook on high instead of half power cause you're too dumb to figure out how to change the heat settings on the microwave at work and you subsequently burn said dinner) Stouffer's is THE PLACE to look. They have not failed me yet.

2) I would also like to mention that yes, I got a wonderful final package from my secret pal, who we now know was the wonderful Shelly at Civil Bitch. I have been a busy, tired, and sick gal, however, and haven't even taken pictures yet. But there was yarn, and a crocheted sock bag, and some great smelling foam soap (I have some handmade bars of black raspberry vanilla, and it might be my favortie scent ever! You're TOO GOOD Shelly!), and a felted FSM, and some other stuff that I'm forgetting cause it's at home and I'm at work and can't look at it.

3) If you live in the North Austin/Round Rock/Cedar Park/Georgetown/Leander area and knit, I have recently been named assistant organizer for the North meetups at The Austin Knitting and Crochet Meetup. If you know of a good place near that are where a group of 20-25 can meet up and knit, let me know! It looks like we'll be meeting Sundays at 2pm, 1st and 3rd Sundays every month, with the first meeting being on October 1st, location TBD.

4) I enjoy my job where I can run around barefoot if I so choose (which I do, even though it is unsanitary. I'm a bit of a hippie and I hate shoes. don't need a lecture.).

5) The weather is getting cooler (in Texas, that means maybe as high a mid-90's). Fall (if you can call it that) is upon us. This also means that crappy seasonal depression is beginning to hit me. If you know me, please try to invite me to some sort of going on once in a while, or I will become a recluse and not leave the house except for work all winter and its really bad. I do this every year, I hate it. I don't know why fall is so bad for me, but it has been since I was 11 or 12. It's much worse than not leaving the house. MUCH, MUCH worse, but I won't go into details here. Or probably in person, cause I'll just have a big ol' crybaby fest and it's no good. So those that know me personally, please try to keep an eye on me. And I'm really good at putting on a happy face in public, so don't let that fool you.

6) You all know what day it is, so I won't restate it. I would, however, like to direct you towards some fantastic sea-faring beauties:

Anne Bonney
Mary Read
Grace O'Malley
Mad Sally

Okay, the last one is fake-ish, but still - fun information

Have a good day, y'all...YARRGH!

1 comments:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I would recommend Borders, but your crowd size may scare the store! Panera Bread might be a good place to meet, since they have the room. Btw, a list you should have:
http://www.deadmentellnotales.com/onlinetexts/womenlist.shtml
Women just kicked MAJOR butt in those days!
=:8

Pages