Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pictures of dying (dyeing?)

Yeah, I don't feel like typing out descriptions, but here are the pictures I took (I'll probably add descriptions later). eta: Okay, maybe SHORT descriptions


Scrunchy, our mascot, who enjoys licking feet, sticking his tongue out, and sleeping with his eyes open.
Myself, with some various yarn. Sue Ann, in "hanking mode"
Jody, also in hanking mode
Myself with Sue Ann's formerly ugly sock
Prep work

Jody is not amused by my antics. Or by my teasing her for wearing gloves after she had dyed her hands blue.

Sue Ann's lovely creation
Another of Sue Ann's creations

Sue Ann with lovely creation

Scrunchy with his tongue out. I was laughing too damn hard to get a non-blurry picture

The finished projects, minus my fuschia laceweight.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Looks like fun! We're having a "dye day" up here in a few weeks. Just add alcohol and it should make for some interesting blog fodder :)
BTW..The one hank that looks ivy green and rust..what was used to get those colors? Its LOVELY!

Jody said...

Very nice. :)

Rilana said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I think your colors turned out great. :-)

Sea Anemone said...

Loving all the yarn y'all dyed. Makes me wanna go dye some more...

Suna said...

Excellent blurry photos of my dog, LOL. I wish I could tell Carla what those colors were. The light green is easy--it is the flavor of Kool-Aid that is green and not lime (helpful, forgot the name). The dark green was obtained by adding a bit of orange and a bit of black cherry to lime. The weird rust color was pretty much whatever was left in the little containers of dye--I was trying to get a reddish brown, and I did, but it was not very scientific.
Suna

Pages