Monday, August 14, 2006

pictures! dyeing!

Let's see if Blogger will work this time!

First, Icarus

(the picture is a bit too bright. It's black. I promise.)

the sock


Jayne Cobb Hat (now available here)


the log cabin


the handpainted laceweight



Sue Ann and I are thinking about getting together at her house next Saturday to experiment with some KoolAid dyeing. If you know us, and want to come "try-dyeing," let us know (preferrably let her know, since it's at her house). I think the plan is to have sort of a potluck, and also to have a bit of liquid courage there (read: adult beverages). I plan on trying some acid dyeing, as well, since I'll have to go down to HCW Thursday since they charged me for a ball of Kidsilk Night that didn't make it home with me, so I might be picking up some acid dye there. I'd like to try getting a color that isn't so uniform. Possibly a heathered color. Anyone have any tips?

Keep an eye on my blog, folks. In a week or so, I'll be having a contest. I haven't worked out the details, but it'll be great.

2 comments:

Suna said...

I am pretty sure Jody wants to come, too. That is good. I need more stuff to dye, though. Guess it will be Cascade. ZZZ

I also cleared the event with the family, so it won't be a surprise.

Carla said...

Firstly, THANK YOU TINA, for being such a great Secret Pal :) Above and beyond would be a perfect description.

Second, Love the Icarus. Its on my list of must knits :)

Pages