Wednesday, July 19, 2006

grr...

I have the evil monthlies.

About three months (or so) ago, I stopped taking The Pill at the advice of my therapist, as it seemed to be affecting my mood in a bad way. The first monthly after this was fine, more cramping than when I was on The Pill, but bearable. Then, last month, OH MY GOD it was terrible. I woke up cramping at 4am, and had to call in to work, and was miserable and grouchy all day.

Then, this month (er...last night), I wake up cramping at 4am YET AGAIN. Luckily I was off work today, so no missed time, but I have to miss Chicks With Sticks because I'm so miserable. I did consider going very briefly, but I just don't feel like leaving or even getting dressed at all.

And what's with my being grouchy? Before I EVER started taking the pill (about 3 years ago), I was NEVER grouchy with the monthlies! I just had terrible cramps. I was on the pill for about six months, then I stopped taking it because I couldn't afford it and it negatively affected my mood. I was not grouchy then, or for the next two years when I wasn't on the pill. Then, last year, I tried a different brand, which was better for my mood, but ultimatly I had to stop taking it, and now I have grouchies! It's so weird.

Okay. I'm all finished with the "Too Freaking Much Info" rant.

3 comments:

Heatherly said...

my favourite pill with out witchy side effects was yasmine.
they say you have to need 4-6 mons of the pill out of your system before getting pregnant... hope you are in crampzilla land that long!

ajisai said...

If the pills seem to be giving you problems, might I suggest Nuva ring? I started using it about a year ago, and I absolutely love it.

All you have to do is keep it in your 'gina for 3 weeks, and the last week you take it out to have your period. But since I have bad cramps, instead of leaving it out for a week, I just put a new one in. :) No cramps ever, a little weight gain, but nothing working out and eating a little better didn't fix. :)

Remember greens, less sugar and salt and you should be better soon. :)

Suna said...

The pill turned me into a different person, amusingly, with no sex drive, so I didn't NEED it to stop me from having babies. I ended up using barrier methods until baby having age appeared (you are NOT there yet). Little did I know I wasn't very fertile anyway--that makes barrier methods work just FINE!!

Much sympathy for your feelings, if a bit late. Bloglines stopped working on me.

Pages