Monday, July 10, 2006

Freakin' OW

I had planned to blog today, then forgot to recharge the batteries for my camera, so I have no pictures (I suck, I know), and then (and here comes the "freakin' OW" part) I broke my toe.

I stubbed it on this milk crate that currently has, like, a thousand CDs in it, and I heard sort of a pop (like a knuckle popping), but stupid me, I thought it was just the sound of me stubbing it. It hurt like hell, and I was curled up on the floor holding it and crying for a while. It was swollen and red, but I thought (again, stupid me), that I had just stubbed it REALLY BAD. Keep in mind I've never broken ANYTHING, or had any sort of medical emergency.

Well, I had some errands to run, so I thought, "What the hell?" and went about my merry way. Now, this toe I "stubbed" is on my driving foot (aka, my right foot), and with every press on the gas and brake, the pain seemed to get worse and worse. When I finally got home, about two and a half hours later, I can barely walk, and the toe is twice the size of my non-broken one and all bruised. I CANNOT move this toe - I can barely walk. I called my mom, and she said it isn't worth going to the doctor/hospital over. They'll just give me painkillers and a bill, and I can't afford either.

I can't put ice on my toe, because I have cold urticaria, an allergic reaction to cold tempuratures. I've taken asprin, elevated it, and soaked it in a hot bath with epsom salts. Any other ideas?

Also, I got my bio set up on Etsy today. Nothing up for sale yet, but soon! http://chemicalpink.etsy.com

1 comments:

Suna said...

Ack, sorry about your toe. That sounds totally icky.

Let me know how etsy goes--I am interested.

Sue Ann

Pages