Tuesday, May 02, 2006

sp8 questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite so far has been any Lorna's Laces, and any Noro. I don't like acrylic at all (I'm a TOTAL yarn snob)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a case for my needles, but currently they are not in it. I have nothing for my hooks.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting about a year and a half, and I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon
(there are a total of five wish lists on Amazon for me. You'll find them all on the left hand side that says "Tina Wall's Wish Lists), DeviantArt, and . I just noticed on my FredFlare.com wishlist that most everything I wanted was sold out, but I generally like anything from there.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Any food scent, anything spicy (like clove), or anything fruity. I'm not that picky, I just don't like anything that smells "perfume-y" or cucumber-melon.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I LOVE all candy, especially any type or foreign or unusual candy.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin a little, but other than the knitting, I'm not that crafty. I'm thinking about starting to learn some beadwork, though.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like anything and everything, from gangsta rap to Johnny Cash and Elvis. I don't really like the more modern country, however.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
PINK! I love pink. It's sort of funny, but true - you could get me a pink highliter and I would be thrilled. As for colors I don't like - yellow, bright green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
As of May 19th (two days after this "officially" begins, I guess) I will be living with my boyfriend and his insane cat, both of whom I adore.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes (though TX won't really get cold enough), and sometimes.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
anything cabled or lace

13. What are you knitting right now?
TONS of hats with kitty ears to sell at an anime convention

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Very much so.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like any type of needle, bamboo is my favorite, though

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
winder, yes. swift, no.

17. How did you learn to knit?
Tought myself from a book geared towards 12 year old girls.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
9 months, probably.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Anything with sakura (cherry blossoms), tea sets, and chopsticks.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none that I can think of, and none as of yet.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
not that I can think of...

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yes. I believe my foot is something like 9 or 9 1/2 inches from heel to toe, I'm a size 8 1/2 to 9


24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
02/03

2 comments:

Heatherly said...

hi from your hostess!
just a reminder to update your blog!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to touch base and make sure that your address has not changed. Your SP8 address has you in Austin. This one has you in Oklahoma. Where are you located?

Pages