Tuesday, January 10, 2006

sp 7 questions

a1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Yes, I am a bit of a yarn snob, but I'll use anything as long as it isn't itchy or squeaky

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I'm just barely starting out with spinning, I don't really crochet, but I'm Probably going to try to learn once "Happy Hooker" comes out

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have this cute, roll-up case my grandma made for me...whether of not the needles make it there is another story

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for just over a year. I would say I'm in the "intermediate" range. Lace scares me somewhat, but I'll try most anything

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Sure do: DeviantArt, Amazon, and Fred Flare.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like anything that smells like food, or fruit. I do NOT like cucumber melon. Spicy scents are also good.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? LOVE chocolate, dark chocolate is my favorite, but I like anything except white chocolate. I like foreign candy alot, especially Japanese candy.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Nothing, really. I'll try anything once, though. I love cooking, does that count?

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. My top five are: Ben Folds, They Might Be Giants, Five Iron Frenzy, Bright Eyes, and Ben Kweller. And both my car and my computer play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Pink is my all time favorite color. ANY shade. I really like anything, I'm not a BIG fan of orange, yellow, or brown, though, but they have their moments.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Currently living at home with Mom and Dad for this semester, I have a cat that I adore, and OLD dog, and a boyfriend 500 miles away

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes, yes, sometimes, no

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? anything not itchy

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? nothing, really. squeaky acrylics

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? surprisingly, nothing. I'm going through a "must play video games all the time" phase (ETA: I just saw Narnia, and I really want to knit the red scarf that Tumnus - Is that the correct spelling? internet is too slow to look it up - wears)

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? hats! anything with cables or an easy lace pattern, small but fun projects

17. What are you knitting right now? about a thousand things. Armwarmers, a shawl, a couple of toys, a sock, a scarf

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? no preference. dpns, if I have to choose

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? bamboo

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? winder, yes. swift, no

22. How did you learn to knit? Picked up a book geared towards 12-year old girls. I figured if they can teach kids to knit, they can teach me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? six months, maybe?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like cats and polar bears.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

26. Is there anything that you collect? not really (ETA: I'm starting a collection of items with cherry blossoms)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? on the amazon wishlist you will find many books

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? not that I can think of

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes. I believe my foot is something like 9 or 9 1/2 inches from heel to toe, I'm a size 8 1/2 to 9

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) February 3rd.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina! I am so excited about your first package! I can't wait to get start shopping and creating! I promise not to keep commenting, but I'm just so excited I can't contain myself right now! Today I begin my investigation into the perfect items!


Secret Pal

Pages