Tuesday, November 29, 2005

holy wow

So much has happened, and then it feels like nothing has happened. A couple of posts ago, I gave a nice little list as to why I haven't been posting, and it's all still true. There has been knitting going on, but it's gift knitting, so no pictures. Of that, anyway. As I believe I had stated before, my boss is evil and would not allow me to go home Thanksgiving week, so I flew home the week before. I got to see my kitty, who and beautiful and wonderful, even if she is a "special needs" kitty.


I went to a strip club for the first time ever with my Black Friend, Token/James. I think in this picture we had been trying to take a picture of the TV for hilarity purposes, and failing, so I took a picture of him instead.







I also made a trip to my LYS while I was home, where I picked up this lovely Araucania Nature Wool in a wonderful green colorway. It's kind of a sage with darker spots in it, and it aspires to be sophie for Bryce's mom.I think it will be cute, and he thinks she'll like it.



I returned to St Louis to be greeted with: Socks from Rox! I feel like Dr Seuss.
I'd like to title the above picture "Fox in Sox - Sox from Rox. Rox's Sox ROCK."


Okay, enough of that. She also sent me a little flower pin (so cute! I just have no idea what to do with it, lol) and some Lorna's Laces (was is Shepard sport or Shepard sock? I've already lost the damn tag, haha) in Sherbet, which is SO CUTE that I cannot wait until I can start making "selfish socks" with it. Oh! Or maybe mittens! But it will have to wait until after Christmas.

In non-knitting news, my teacher is amazed at my research paper so far and thinks it would be a "valuable asset to academia." Who knew?

I also have been think about music alot lately, and I meant for most of this post to be about that , but I just realized that I have to be at work at 6 and not 7, like I had thought, so I have to hustle and get ready for work. Music post next time.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I don't know if you're into knitting either hats or purses, but the flower would make a nice embellishment for either one. (If it's small enough...it's hard to tell size from the photo.)Just a thought.

Rox said...

I thank you (and dr seuss thanks you) for NOT posting a full shot of the socks. Gaping holes in your socks are nevah attractive!!

When are you moving? And where are you moving? And stuff?!

Lolly said...

I love Araucania Nature Wool - great to work with. That colorway you got it lovely!

Those socks are too cute! and that is really neat about your teacher giving you that compliment ;)

Ajisai said...

I can't believe you started on your paper already! I found out mine is due next week Friday instead of Monday so I'm procastinating a bit. Hehe. What are you writing about anyway?

Carmell said...

gurl why do you have to say "my black friend"? that sounds so bad!!! why can't he be your cute friend? damn... or just your friend. but black friend...don't do that!! lol

that is some nice yarn you got there. i like those socks...something i've been to nervous to try again!!

Pages