Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More reasons why my secret pal rocks my socks off...and speaking of socks...


I was busy knitting my mom a pair of razor shell socks out of Knit Picks sock Landscape in Rocky Mountain Dusk (which is far more pinkish than it looks like, but still lovely) for a Christmas gift, when I realized: I was making a sock for a giant!

So off the needles they go, and I'll begin working on my S.E.T pal's socks (yes, I have one finished, but I've now decided I don't like it, so I'll be starting over completely). I think I know what I'm going to do with them, though, so that's cool. Or I can start on the other Christmas sock for Bryce's mom, or any other number of socks that I want to start on. I wish I had more than one pair of DPNs!

Also, My SP is awesome part two: Last Friday (I had two papers due at the beginning of this week, and had no time to post) I recieved a package from her containg this:


A signed copy of The Harlot's new book! Swoon! I am now officially in love with my SP.

In non-knitting news, if you take the time to read this, please comment and answer this question: Can you see the buttons in the right hand column under "Rings & Groups"? If so, please let me know what browser you are using, as there seems to be some issues with this ring. Jus tlet me know what you can see and what you're seeing it with. The owner of the ring is the only person I've spoken with at this point that cannot seem them, and I am using the same browser she is.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Tina, it is too bad about the socks being to big--they sure look pretty! I am doing that pattern too, but it looks like you are further along than me. Pretty colorway.

I can see the buttons just fine. :)

Miriam said...

Yay! Happy to see someone knitting my pattern, even if you had to frog. :( But if you have any questions, totally feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment. What size needles were you using?

M

Pages