Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Look, Ma, I made yarn! (well, sort of)

I got my first SP package today! My SP is officially the best ever for providing me with materials to learn how to do something I've wanted to learn almost as long as I've been knitting (so, just short of a year). She sent me three bags of roving and a drop spindle. The blue is exactly what it looks like, a shoft, shiny ice blue. the one that looks blackish, is actually maroon, which is one of my favorite colors, and the other one is a fuschia. a very interesting fuschia. I love all three.



She also sent some printed out "how-to" instructions that are very helpful! The printed out instructions also had little notes and whatnot in the margins that made me smile, and also encouraged me.






































And after playing with fiber all day, I have this to show for it:


It kind of looks like yarn, right?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fuschia was the -strangest- pink I'd ever seen, but it had so many layers of colour that I had to buy some.

I -love- spinning, so I'm always happy to pass on the bug!

-Your Secret Pal

Pages