Monday, October 17, 2005

crazy weekend

I'll begin with Friday.

I woke up sort of late, but not too late. I checked my bank account to see if my wonderful deposit (financial aid refund) had been deposited yet, which it was! About $1700! I wasn't expecting it until Monday, so that was awesome. I call my other bank back home (where I have my car loan) to see how much it would be to bring both of my loans up to current. The woman said they were current. I was like, "What. The. Hell." because I knew both of them should've been about 3 months past due. So I called my mom. She informed me that the bank had called my grandmother about my loans being past due, since my grandma is a co-signer on one of them. So my grandma got a cash advance on a credit card for $660 to get my loans caught up. I told my mom to repay my grandma, now that I had the funds to do so, and we discussed what to do with the rest. We made the next car payment, which would have been due on the 19th, she took the $660 to pay back Grandma, and took the $250 I owed her. She left me with enough to buy yarn for Christmas gifts, and a new hard drive for my computer, and then some more for various necessities (like going to eat at the bar-b-que place). I ordered my new hard drive (250GB people. When it gets here, I will have a total of 370GB. For the computer illiterate, that would be a metric fuckton of space.), and then, I ordered YARN. I got a total of 22 balls/skeins/hanks/whichever from KnitPicks, along with a ball winder and some more needles.

That was the most exciting part of Friday. Saturday was boring, I found out I needed to rewrite an entire paper by TUESDAY because my rough draft sucked, and I hung out and knitted with some girls from the dorms.

Sunday, I went to the yarn store with said girls. We were there a little before they opened, so we went up the street to 7-11 where I made these wonderful purchases:

An R2-D2 Pez dispenser and some Strawberry Skittles flavor chapstick. Happy times. Then we went into Knitorious, which is a super cool LYS. I bought some gifties for my SP, and then, for the first time ever, YARN SPOKE TO ME. I told Bryce this, and he is ready to ship me off to a loony bin. But look how pretty it is:

It's malabrigo kettle dyed merino in a variegated shade called "Little Lovely" and lovely is RIGHT! It's not even on their webpage, but it is the most perfect yarn for me. And it is so soft and wonderful. If you have the chance to get your hands on some, I recommend that you DO IT. They had other shades there, as well, and now that I've been knitting with this one, I want to go back and get MORE. This one, for the time being anyway, wants to be Knitty's Wavy. The yarn's desires might possibly change, however, and I am prepared to accomodate that.

NEXT WEEKEND: I am so going to the Rock*n*Roll Craft Show here in STL, and I am excited. I have all day off that day, and hopefully I'll have a little cash money I can waste spend.

Also, proof that I HAVE been working on socks (Christine, don't click this link if you want to be surprised) http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/chemicalpink/PA160007.jpg

0 comments:

Pages