Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I'm not really a yarn snob. As long as it doesn't squeak, I don't care.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Neither, but I would LOVE to learn how to spin.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Nope

4. How long have you been knitting? About 9 months, I think. Maybe a little longer

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yeah. Also here


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like anything that smells like food, or fruit. I do NOT like cucumber melon. (Also, for the record, candles are not allowed in my dorm. It'd be 9 months before I got to burn it.)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? YES. Dark chocolate is my favorite, but I like anything except white chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Knitting is the only obsession - so far.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. My top five are: Ben Folds, They Might Be Giants, Five Iron Frenzy, Bright Eyes, and Ben Kweller. And both my car and my computer play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Pink is my all time favorite color. ANY shade. I really like anything, I'm not a BIG fan of orange, yellow, or brown, though, but they have their moments.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Currently, I live 410 miles away from my family in a dorm room at college. I have a cat back home that I miss terribly, and a boyfriend that is 900 miles away.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Really, all I've ever wanted is to be a stay at home mom with 2 or 3 kids. I'm currently in school to be a high school history teacher, but that is honestly not a long term goal.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Oh, wow. I love almost anything I've used, but I don't remember what kind my very favorite was. It was merino, but I don't know what brand.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? squeaky acryllic. I can do something with almost anything else

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I really want to felt more, but it's hard to do, living in the dorms and all. I'm about to start my first pair of socks, so that'll probably turn into an obsession.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Anything I can actually finish. I really loved making hats for myself and my boyfriend

17. What are you knitting right now? a travel blanket set from Hollywood Knits Style

18. What do you think about ponchos? Not a big fan. I don't hate them, but I don't love them, either.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either, really. Just depends on the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter? Starting my first pair sometime this week. We'll see how it goes.

22. How did you learn to knit? Picked up a book geared towards 12-year old girls. I figured if they can teach kids to knit, they can teach me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Hmm...only a couple of weeks, I think.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like cats and polar bears.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Not that I can think of.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, I'm a poor college student.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Hmm... if there are, they're on my wishlist

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Not in particular, but if anyone can find something like this with a hood, I'd be forever grateful.

0 comments:

Pages