Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I drove from St. Louis to Austin with no shoes on

Okay, so I just had a big post typed out that I was working on, and I lost it, so I'll cut this down to the basics.

Got to Tulsa on Tuesday. My mom caught (with the help of my cat) a hummingbird Wednesday morning.

Left for Austin Friday around 1pm, accidentally took some sort of backwater highway through Oklahoma and was stuck in Dallas traffic for about an hour, made it to Austin around 9pm (okay this is where I left off), found Bryce's apartment fairly easily, met Bast. I spent the last two months hearing about how this cat probably won't like me, she hates everyone, etc., and she immediatly started rubbing on my leg and ejoying being petted. What can I say, evil kitties love me.

We leave his apartment, go check into the hotel, and go get some food. We went to some tex-mex place that he likes a lot (I'm not a big fan of tex-mex), and while the food was average at best, they had some kick ass margaritas. After we ate we went back to the hotel room because I was tired from driving all day, where we proceeded to stay awake upil about 5am, which is what I seem to do every time I'm with him.

Saturday morning we woke up, had breakfast at IHOP and went to Schlitterbahn, where we basically stood in line for three hours to ride ONE water ride, and then it started threatening to rain, so we left. As disappointing as that was, that evening we went to The Alamo Drafthouse, which, being the movie geek that I am, has since become my favorite place in the world. I mean, these are the theatres I would run, if I ran theatres. They show not only new movies, but cult classics and old favorties as well. This coming weekend, the location we went to is showing Trainspotting. AND they serve food and alcohol. Other than seeing Bryce, seeing Dukes of Hazzard there was the high point of my visit. Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and, once again, stayed awake far later than we should have.

Sunday we had lunch with his mom and stepdad. I was so nervous about that, but they were pretty nice. I would have been more nervous if I had known beforehand that, after he met me, he informed his mother that I enjoy porn. After lunch, which was okay, we went back to his mom's house, where we proceeded to sit around, talking and petting any one of his mom's four cats, for about three hours, at which point we left, hung around the hotel for about three hours, went to Denny's and ate, and then, once again, stayed up until about 5am, which was unwise considering he had to wake up for work at 8:30am, and I was also going to leave the hotel when he left (supposedly around 9:30). Well, it was about 10:30 before I left Austin, and he later told me he was about 40 minutes late for work.

Also, on Sunday night, I was talking to him about how I was considering transferring to either TU or UT after this year, and he asked me if I would move in with him if I chose UT. So naturally I said of course I would, and thusly made my decision to move to Austin after school's out for the year.

As for knitting goes, I keep forgetting to take pictures of the scarves I've been making with Stefanie's pattern. However, I do have a random garter stitch scarf I finished.

There is also much drama going on in the world of ex-boyfriends, but I am having to rescrict what I say in public areas (such as my online journals) due to his immature friends. Honestly, I would like nothing better to rant about everything that happened today, however, I can't because his friends obviously have no better outlet for their emotions besides making fun of people who trusted them, and making them feel like shit.