Saturday, July 12, 2003

Wanderings of a Broken Down Girl

First thing when I woke up, I got in two consecutive arguments. I got told (albeit jokingly...it was during an argument, so it still hurt, though) that one of my closest friends thought I was shit. I was also then told that I had to take another one of my friends (whom I love dearly and don't blame him for this) to work, instead of going with Adam and a friend to Sulfer to get Adam's new truck from his grandpa.

I know this is not supposed to be a daily account of my life, so I'll try to keep all of this short. I just want you all to know how I was feeling as the day progressed.

After taking said friend to work, I tried to call some friends (and even my cousin, whom I'm not too crazy about) to hang out. No one picked up their phones. So I drove around Tulsa randomly, and eventually stopped at The Riverpakrs, along Riverside, at about 41st street. I took my camera and got out of my car. I walked on the trail for a while, but it wasn't long before I had left the trail and ventured off into dense brush, only to find, when I got out of it, that I was standing on the east bank of the Arkansas River. I'm not all about Tulsa, I don't hate it, but I'm not particularly fond of it either, and I strongly dislike the Arkansas River, after it took one of my best friends' life, but the view was amazing. I took about a thousand million pictures, and I thought many deep thoughts, and I was in love with nature. Every one of those deep thoughts has left me, but that excursion really brightened my day a lot. I love you all.

0 comments:

Pages